Upcoming Wrestling Season

Lili LeDuc, Staff Writer

Farmington wrestling team has their first meet at Lakeville North on Friday at 5:30 for JV and 7:00 for Varsity. Then on Saturday they have a meet at 10:00 a.m. in Edina. The team is still building, they have lost a lot of seniors from last year, but a lot of freshmen have joined. The wrestling team should be good for the lower weights because of how many smaller kids they have. “It’s definitely good to see at least 40 kids in the wrestling room”, said Luke Kriesel. The team is definitely going to have some challenges but hopefully they will be able to show improvement. Kriesel said that “Wrestling is definitely a hard sport it’s a lot of conditioning but loves how close everyone is with each other”. Everyone puts in their hard work at practice so once it gets to the matches it’s all up to them and no one else. The hard work you put in at practice is the work you get out of this sport. This sport is definitely an independent sport you still rely on other teammates but if you screw up it’s all on you. The technique in wrestling is so important because if you don’t have that technique you will struggle.The team has team bonds every once in awhile but it’s hard when some of the guys are cutting weight. Coach Olson said, “I’m glad to see some of the newer wrestlers last year still stick with it”. Most of the meets are Fridays or Saturdays so if you have nothing going on come and support the wrestling team. We shall see how the rest of the season goes, it could help us improve or it could go really good. They would enjoy seeing some students in the stands.

Lili LeDuc, Staff Writer

This upcoming Spring, Farmington Boy's Lacrosse starts in April 2nd. If you are interested in joining show up to tryouts held at the Farmington High School...

• Upcoming Wrestling Season

Top Stories

Trimester One Coming to an End

• Marching Band

FHS Marching Band Indoor Show

• Upcoming Wrestling Season

A & E News

Fields of Faith

• Upcoming Wrestling Season

Fall Sports

Girls Soccer Gives Back

• Upcoming Wrestling Season

Top Stories

FHS Marching Band Attending 14th Annual Youth in Music Band Championships

• Upcoming Wrestling Season

Current Events

Tigers Football Take Home a Win

• Upcoming Wrestling Season

Arts

Arts and Agriculture

• Upcoming Wrestling Season

Academics

Bridges 2018

• Upcoming Wrestling Season

District News

Farmington to play at Vikings training facility

• Student Life

Mrs.Carlson

Upcoming Wrestling Season