Jenna Gerold: Ready to Come Back to Tiger Hockey

Allison Voegel, Staff Writer

Senior hockey and soccer captain Jenna Gerold tore her ACL in June during one of her soccer games. She told me at first she did not realize she had torn it and even though it was painful she walked off the field. She then went on to say that “I wanted to go back in but my coach wouldn’t let me”. Knowing Jenna personally it does not surprise me hearing that despite the pain, she begged to go back out and play with her team. Jenna went to the doctor to have an MRI, when she got to the doctor she told me that “the doctor was already pretty sure I tore it before I even took the MRI, the MRI just confirmed it”. Then in July she had surgery on her ACL. She has not only has been out of hockey since the season started but couldn’t play her last high school soccer season. She has been out of her favorite sports for 6 months now. I then asked her if it has been hard not being able to play with her friends her senior year, she went on to say “It’s been super hard having to watch all my friends play and not be able to be apart of it. I know I’m still apart of the team and I do everything else but it gets hard sitting on the bench when I could be out there.”

I then asked Jenna when she plans on getting back on the ice, she said “I will hopefully be back on the ice mid-January which is when my 6 month test is.”  I was then very curious to ask her what her emotions were about getting ready to play again after being out of sports for so long. Jenna told me “I’m very excited to get back on the ice but I’m also anxious at the same time since I haven’t skated or played hockey in 6 months.” Jenna is very passionate about her sports and has been the hardest working person I know. It was a hard decision for Jenna to chose a college for what sport she wanted to play because her love for soccer and hockey was equal. I was very excited to ask Jenna this next question because knowing her personally, i knew how hard it was for her to pick between the two sports. The next question I asked was where she was attending college next year, what sport she chose and why. Jenna Responded with “I will be attending Augsburg University to play hockey because I realized I enjoy it more”. I am very proud of Jenna and how determined she still is. I cannot wait to see her on the ice again and finish off her senior year season with her friends.

Allison Voegel, staff

My name is Allison Voegel and this is my first year in Tiger Publications. I took this class because I thought it would be fun to be involved in the yearbook...

• Jenna Gerold: Ready to Come Back to Tiger Hockey

Top Stories

Co-Head Wrestling Coach: Chad Olson

Clubs & Organizations

Cortney Meyer

Clubs & Organizations

Winter Percussion

Tiger News

Behind The Scenes

Top Stories

New Dimension: Christmas Caroling

Top Stories

Trimester One Coming to an End

• Marching Band

FHS Marching Band Indoor Show

A & E News

Fields of Faith

Fall Sports

Girls Soccer Gives Back

Top Stories

FHS Marching Band Attending 14th Annual Youth in Music Band Championships