Behind The Scenes

Behind The Scenes

Madeline Hins

Ever wonder what goes on behind the cameras for Tiger News? How our FHS students put Tiger News together? I interviewed a new member of this class, Freshmen Sophia Taarud. We discussed main jobs, important roles, and challenges.

This is Sophia’s first year at Farmington High School and she is already jumping in and contributing to our school by helping out behind the scenes for Tiger News. Her job is the switcher. She is in charge of switching through cameras for which camera they need to use for their shot. What if you mess up? Sophia explained a time where she pressed the wrong button for the camera switch, “You just gotta keep going,” she said. There’s no time to go back and try again. Being behind the scenes is very stressful. Sophia claims the most stressful time is right before the show starts. Everyone has to have their scripts, everyone has to be in their place, everything has to be timed out right, lighting needs to be set, cameras need to be set, and microphones have to be checked. But having more people working makes the job a bit easier. In order to have all these jobs covered, there needs to be a director. Sophia believes that a director is the most important job on set. He’s there to tell everyone what they need to do and takes control. If there was no director everything would be unorganized. As I was back in the studio I saw all this happening. The director checked in with everyone and made sure everything was correct and ready for the show.

“I watched Tiger News during Ramp and it looked like it would be fun to be apart of the production of it,” Sophia tells me. She enjoys the learning and fun in this class and is happy to help put together Tiger News.

Madeline Hins, Writer

My name is Maddie Hins and I am a Junior at Farmington High School. I plan on going to college after high school but I am still exploring my choices for...

• Behind The Scenes

Top Stories

Co-Head Wrestling Coach: Chad Olson

• Behind The Scenes

Clubs & Organizations

Cortney Meyer

• Behind The Scenes

Girls Hockey

Jenna Gerold: Ready to Come Back to Tiger Hockey

• Behind The Scenes

Clubs & Organizations

Winter Percussion

• Behind The Scenes

Top Stories

New Dimension: Christmas Caroling

• Behind The Scenes

Top Stories

Trimester One Coming to an End

• Marching Band

FHS Marching Band Indoor Show

• Behind The Scenes

A & E News

Fields of Faith

• Behind The Scenes

Fall Sports

Girls Soccer Gives Back

• Behind The Scenes

Top Stories

FHS Marching Band Attending 14th Annual Youth in Music Band Championships

Behind The Scenes