Tigers Football Take Home a Win

Tigers Football Take Home a Win

Nicole Grundman, Staff Writer

On Friday September 28th, the Farmington Tigers suited up for another football game.  The Tigers didn’t have any wins under their belts when walking into the TCO Stadium, but were hoping for a change of pace. This week the Prowler Press had time to catch up with a Farmington Tigers Football Varsity starter, Jake Nelson.  When asking him how it felt to play at the TCO Stadium he stated, “It felt amazing knowing that I was playing on the same stage as professional athletes do, also knowing it was on tv made me feel a tiny bit nervous but after the first play it was like I was at home.” Being able to play at this stadium was a big deal for all Tigers, especially the football team. When asked what the team wanted to accomplish at this game Jake Nelson commented, “Our ultimate goal was to be the first high school team in history to win in that stadium and have our legacy remembered. It was also our goal to beat Eagan at their own homecoming and take home our first win of the season.”  Well lucky for the Tigers they took home the first win of the season! The final score was 41-28.

During the interview Prowler Press got the opportunity to ask Jake Nelson how he felt about the win. He responded saying, “It was rewarding and satisfying, it seemed more special because it was at the TCO stadium. We worked hard all year for that moment, and we played with the utmost effort every play and took what was rightfully ours.” Lastly we got to ask Jake Nelson how it feels to be an athlete on the Farmington High School Football team. He explained,  “I feel like a huge part of the entire community, not just a high schooler. I know that when I step out on that field that 3000+ people will be able to witness me play the best sport ever. I am very grateful that I get to play for the coaches and players beside me, knowing full well that we haven’t just made a team but a family. I know that everyone on the sideline next to me will be my friends for the rest of my life.” Do not forget to catch the Tiger Football team on the field on Friday October 5th at Burnsville High School, kick off is at 7:00pm. Good luck Tigers!