Boys Lacrosse: Mason Enright

Boys Lacrosse: Mason Enright

Mason Enright, #19

Mason Enright, #19

Mason Enright, #19

Mason Enright, #19

Andrea Candelario, Staff Writer

The Boys Lacrosse Team had a rough season but it didn’t stop them to make it through sections. Every player has a specific goal for the team and/or themselves. The biggest team leaders are… the seniors. I got to ask Mason Enright about his last HS season.

Although their regular season may not have been the greatest, they made a run for sections. First round of sections they played against the Rochester Mayo Spartans @ home on May 28th. The Tigers won 9-5 leading them into the semifinals with Lakeville North on May 31 @ LVN HS but losing 17-1, making it the end of their season. I asked Mason about how he did as a player so far during his last season. He replied, “I think my last season for lacrosse has gone really well, achieving most of my goals I had planned before the start of this season.” Speaking of goals, I asked him if they’re were any goals he had set for the season and he did. Being on the varsity team is a huge accomplishment already. “I did accomplish my goals for this season by being one of the top ground balls picked up,” said Mason. He continued, “I even scored my first varsity goal.” That moment for him was a special one to get since he played defense on the team.

As being a senior things come to an end but some things may live on after high school. I asked Mason if he was going to continue playing lacrosse after high school. Although he loves this sport, he also loves another which he does plan on playing after high school… hockey! During the winter he played varsity hockey for Farmington. He hasn’t decided where he wants to play hockey but it definitely will be his next move.

The team will miss a good one and wish him and all their seniors the best after high school. “Enjoy the time you have playing lacrosse with your friends.” – Mason Enright