Prom 2018

Prom 2018

Lauren Wolter-Buchman

Prom is right around the corner! It will take place on Saturday, May 12th at 8:00pm. I got the chance to talk with Prom Committee member Margaret Newcomb, a Farmington High School Junior.

“To make this year’s prom different (and hopefully better) than in years past we decided to get a live band. Also in years past, they have had a photo booth at the dance. This year we decided to get this program called Mirror Me. It is like a photo booth, but it fits the Enchanted Forest theme a little better. It is a giant mirror, but you can take pictures in it, and you can also write on the mirror and it will show up in the picture! It also has fun props you can use. We also wanted to do more decorations at Target Field and for Grand March.”

This year’s theme is Enchanted Forest. Margaret elaborated on the theme, “There was no rhyme or reason why we decided to do Enchanted Forest for our theme. One of the girls on prom committee brought the idea up, and we looked online for examples on how to make that theme work and it stuck! We liked the idea of having lots of floral elements and making prom elegant and whimsical.”

“Tripwire is a band out of Fargo, MN. They are a multi-genre band and are very energetic on stage, and they engage the crowds by inviting them on stage to jump on their trampolines or their hijinks. We chose this band because their set list is very large. They could play about any song you wanted, and they do other proms and have heard nothing but good things about them. I’m excited for the live band, and I’m excited to see them interact with the crowd. I’m also excited to see the final set up of Grand March. We will have our work cut out for us the day before because we have a lot of things we would like to decorate with for Grand March.”

This year the head of Prom Committee is Madi Salisbury. This is her first year as head of Prom Committee. Also on Prom Committee is Emma Reich, Emma Welter, Kirstin Knudsen, Susi Omana, Maggie Mortimer, Josie Laube, Maya Drusch, Sarah Hannon, Karmen Peter, Capprieottie Lee, and Kaitlin Winston.

Lauren Wolter-Buchman, Contributor

My name is Lauren Wolter-Buchman and I am a senior at Farmington High School. This fall was my last season as the Goalkeeper for the girls' soccer team....

• Prom 2018

Top Stories

Trimester One Coming to an End

• Marching Band

FHS Marching Band Indoor Show

• Prom 2018

A & E News

Fields of Faith

• Prom 2018

Fall Sports

Girls Soccer Gives Back

• Prom 2018

Top Stories

FHS Marching Band Attending 14th Annual Youth in Music Band Championships

• Prom 2018

Current Events

Tigers Football Take Home a Win

• Prom 2018

Arts

Arts and Agriculture

• Prom 2018

Academics

Bridges 2018

• Prom 2018

District News

Farmington to play at Vikings training facility

• Student Life

Mrs.Carlson

Prom 2018