Student Spotlight: Abbie Clayton

Student Spotlight: Abbie Clayton

Morgan Ebel, Junior Editor

Abbie Clayton is a senior Link Leader here at Farmington High School.  She is involved in tennis, basketball, softball, Faith Club, as well as Link Crew.  Clayton said, “I became a Link Leader because I love meeting new people and making people feel welcomed no matter the situation.  This was a great opportunity for me to branch out and be a light to the world.” For anyone that knows Abbie, they would know that Link is the perfect club for her to make a difference in our community.  Clayton was a two year Link Leader for FHS, “My favorite part was just growing with all of the kids and working together with the other leaders. We all have the same goal of making the freshman feel welcomed.”  Her peers describe her as, “outgoing, funny, caring and inclusive.” If anyone was to be friends with the entire school it would definitely be Abbie because that is just who she is. Her future is still undecided at this point but she says, “I’m really just trying to soak in these last few months of high school, but I’m not going to lie I can not wait for college.”  She wishes to pursue a nursing or teaching degree and is looking at possibly playing Division II tennis at either Bemidji State or Mankato State.  Good luck with everything Abbie!  We can’t wait to see what you accomplish.