Track Managers

Track Managers

Track Managers Kaitlyn Wall (Left) and Katie Stewart (Right)

Elizabeth Stewart, Staff Writer

Track Managers

In sports, we always focus on the players and coaches, etc. But we never realize an important part of the team; the managers. This week I got the chance to interview the track managers, sophomores Katie Stewart and Kaitlyn Wall. I asked them questions about their day during track to get an idea of what they do as managers. First I asked them why they wanted to become managers. “We wanted to manage track because we manage football in the fall and wanted to manage another sport and a lot of our friends run track and we like helping and being apart of the school”. I also asked them their daily tasks as being a manager. “We get water, record times at meets and helping out with anything else the coaches/players need done.” I asked the girls why being a manager is so important to a team, and they said “the coaches can’t do everything themselves, they need organization  and without our help, it would put more stress on the team. It’s important to us because it can get you more involved with the school.” Their favorite part of managing is seeing the athletes succeed and improve throughout the season and seeing their friends everyday. The girls recommend managing any sport because it gives you something to do and gives them the chance to meet new people. It also looks really good on applications. They think it shows leadership and it feels rewarding helping people out. Outside of managing, Katie and Kaitlyn are football managers in the fall. Kaitlyn is also a full-time figure skater, and Katie is a full-time dancer. So next time you go to a track meet, look for more than the players or coaches, and try looking for Kaitlyn and Kaitlyn hard at work!