Cross Country Sections Meet 2018

Hailey Decker, Writer

This past Thursday, October 25th, the Farmington Cross Country team competed at sections and just qualified for state. I got the chance to sit down with head coach Adam Lippold and hear the coaches perspective of being part of the cross country team. This is Adam’s second season being the head coach, but he was the assistant coach for 6 years prior to becoming head coach. Just a few hours before I got to talk with him, the cross country team had qualified for state, and he says that that moment was probably the most unforgettable moment he’s experienced since he started coaching, and that nothing could ever top it. “My favorite part of being a cross country coach is that I get to do what I love every day and just encourage kids to live a healthy lifestyle.” He says his most successful cross country meet for him had just taken place earlier that evening, when the team scored 23 points, just 8 points shy of a perfect score, qualifying the Farmington Cross Country team for state. Advice Coach Lippold always gives an athlete before a really big race is just to trust yourself and really believe in your training. A common phrase Lippold says a lot is to start smart, stay strong, and finish hard. Lippold is always trying hard to motivate his athletes to be their strongest and never settle for anything less than their best. The cross country team has been pushing themselves extra hard this season, and by the looks of it, they’ve been extremely successful this season. Every single athlete on the team pushes themselves and each other at every single practice, and with the help and motivation of amazing coaches, the Farmington Cross Country team is set up for success, and has nowhere to go but up.

• Cross Country Sections Meet 2018

Top Stories

Trimester One Coming to an End

• Marching Band

FHS Marching Band Indoor Show

• Cross Country Sections Meet 2018

A & E News

Fields of Faith

• Cross Country Sections Meet 2018

Fall Sports

Girls Soccer Gives Back

• Cross Country Sections Meet 2018

Top Stories

FHS Marching Band Attending 14th Annual Youth in Music Band Championships

• Cross Country Sections Meet 2018

Current Events

Tigers Football Take Home a Win

• Cross Country Sections Meet 2018

Arts

Arts and Agriculture

• Cross Country Sections Meet 2018

Academics

Bridges 2018

• Cross Country Sections Meet 2018

District News

Farmington to play at Vikings training facility

• Student Life

Mrs.Carlson

Cross Country Sections Meet 2018