Winter Break

C'zong Xiong, Writer

Guess what? What? It’s going to be December next week! You know what that means? Holiday cheer and spirits will be heading your way. Snuggling up by the fireplace with a nice warm cup of hot chocolate as you are watching your favorite Christmas movie. Sounds like a happy winter wonderland dream! Winter may be the coldest season of the year but, there are still lots of fun activities for you to do such as ice skating, hockey, skiing, sledding, snowball fights, and many more! Too cold for you to go out? No worries! You can always stay home and binge watch Netflix movies while you stuff yourself with hot fresh out of the oven sugar cookies, yum! Some may say it’s the most wonderful time of the year because of winter break. Winter break is a time where teachers, staff, and students get time off school to celebrate the holiday season with their friends and family. When is winter break? At Farmington High School, winter break starts on Monday, December 24th to Tuesday, January 1. School will resume on Wednesday, January 2nd. How excited! You’ll be coming back to school in a new year! I then got the chance to ask two FHS Juniors Rachel Foskett Vivian Yang about their thoughts and plans on winter break. “Winter is cold and terrible because driving is hard. I’m excited because I get to do nothing all break. I don’t have any plans besides going to see family.” –Rachel Foskett. “Winter is cold but, the snow makes it look beautiful. I am so excited for winter break! I love celebrating Christmas with my friends and families. I also love enjoy playing outside in the in snow and building snowman.” –Vivian Yang. Remember to mark your calendars so you don’t forget this important date. Stay safe and happy holidays!

C'zong Xiong, Writer

Hello! I’m C’zong Xiong, a junior at Farmington High School. I joined yearbook once again because I’ve had a fun and wonderful experience last year...

Winter Break