Jeisabella Loza

Jeisabella Loza

Sydney Hubbard, Writer

Jeisabella Loza is a junior at Farmington High School and has been apart of the math team for two years now. Math team started two years ago and the reason she joined was “[because] I really love math and I thought it would be good ACT Prep.” She enjoys being on math team especially because she gets along with all her club members and likes the math team advisor Cortney Meyer. Every Monday there is a math practice from 3:05 to 4:15 pm which Jeisabella attends. At the practices Mrs. Meyer provides snacks for the team, and hands out practice problems from the previous years and helps them go over how to solve them.  Her favorite part of math team is participating in the math competitions. When asked how the competitions are ran she said “Everyone is allowed to compete in two events which are called A-D and you go in a large room with students from different schools and take a 12 minute test with four questions on it.” The math events are A being algebra, B being geometry, C being trigonometry, and D being precalculus. Jeisabella mainly competes in events A and B. After everyone has taken their two events, there is a team event which a group of six students from the schools have 25 minutes to figure out twenty problems. This is the time when she checks the answer key to see what score she got on the events she took and also look at the overall score of all the schools competing. Farmington’s score has improved since the first year of her participating in math team and the team got fourth at one of the competitions this year. There are only five competition days throughout the four months that math team goes on for, and time goes quickly. Jeisabella believes she made a good choice joining math team because she is able to challenge herself.

• Jeisabella Loza

Clubs & Organizations

Rogue Robotics

• Jeisabella Loza

Boys Lacrosse

Boys LAX: Coach Dunnigan is Ready For The Season

• Jeisabella Loza

Current Events

The Shadow Box – 2019 Spring Play

• Jeisabella Loza

FCCLA/Hero

FCCLA Valentines Grams

• Jeisabella Loza

Arts

All-State Choir Participants 2018

• Jeisabella Loza

Theatre

Click Here To Read More

• Jeisabella Loza

Girls Basketball

Girl’s Basketball: Undefeated streak

• Jeisabella Loza

Academics

A Students View

• Jeisabella Loza

FCCLA/Hero

FCCLA goes to Feed My Starving Children

• Jeisabella Loza

Academics

Welcome Mr. Klein!

Jeisabella Loza