Boys Varsity Soccer 2017

Gabi Montoya, Staff Writer

Boys soccer is only one of the many great fall sports offered to the students at Farmington Senior High School. I sat down with Zachary Berg, senior, captain, and varsity goalie, and asked him what his thoughts were on the 2017 season. I first asked Zach, what has the biggest challenge as a team been so far this season? He replied by saying, “our biggest challenge as a team this year has for sure been being able to give 100% when we are playing on tired legs.” I was curious with what his biggest personal challenge has been so far, so I asked him. He told me that for him as a captain and goalie, it’s difficult keeping the team playing at such a high level of soccer. I next asked him, what is something the team has improved on this season compared to last fall? Zach proudly answered by telling me that their biggest improvement has been that the boys are playing better overall as a team. After accepting a heartbreaking defeat last season to Owatonna while playing for the South Suburban Championship and losing their ride to state, I asked Zach who this year’s biggest competitor is for the team. Surly enough, he answered by telling me the Farmington against Owatonna game will be the biggest game to win this year. Lastly, I asked him what his goal for the team is this year before his last soccer season ends. Zach told me that his goal for the team is to win the South Suburban Conference and go to state. With all that being said, good luck to Zach Berg and the rest of the boys soccer team this season! I hope to see everyone out supporting the boys varsity soccer team on their senior night at flood the field, here at the high school, October 5th at 5:00!

• Student Life

Mrs.Carlson

• Boys Varsity Soccer 2017

Student Life

Prom 2018

• Boys Varsity Soccer 2017

Top Stories

18+ Trip to Greece & Greek Islands in June 2019!!

• Boys Varsity Soccer 2017

Tiger Happenings

Spring Break Excitement

• Boys Varsity Soccer 2017

Arts

FHS Holiday Concert

• Boys Varsity Soccer 2017

Top Stories

Winter Running Club

• Boys Varsity Soccer 2017

Clubs & Organizations

FHS Science Olympiad

• Boys Varsity Soccer 2017

Farmington Community

Calling all royalty!

• Boys Varsity Soccer 2017

Featured FHS Students

Getting To Know Uriah Gill

• Boys Varsity Soccer 2017

Arts

Farmington High School’s One Act Play

Boys Varsity Soccer 2017