Dance Team Takes On Sections

Dance Team Takes On Sections

Allison Voegel, Staff Writer

The FHS Dance Team was at New Prague, January 26th, and Varsity took home first place in both Jazz and Kick which was a great way for the girls to end their regular season. I had a chance to talk to senior captain Margaret Newcomb and to ask her a few questions about the FHS Dance Team. The first question I asked was “how is the Dance team doing overall this year?” she responded with “our season overall has been very successful! The team has broke many records and finished the highest we have ever at Conference Champs.” She then told me that for the first time ever, they have 4 girls that qualified for All-State – Kennedy Sandvik, Ella Guille, Margaret Newcomb, and Amelia Hensch. The Dance Team was also just in Florida and performed at Disney Springs. With sections so close I wanted to ask Margaret about how they plan on preparing. She responded with “we have been preparing for sections by working on our endurance and technique. That just consists of lots of running and different workouts to build the right muscles. The running for 3rd place that qualifies for state is very close. We haven been working extremely hard, so we can dance at the target center!” The next question I asked Margaret was how she feels about ending this chapter of her life with the FHS Dance Team. She then said “it is a little bittersweet to have it be my last high school dance team season. After being on the team for 5 years, I have never felt so close to a group of girls in m life. I would consider us a family more than a team. I have been able to share so many fun experiences with the team like our trip to Florida, different team bonding events, and having such a successful season. I can honestly speak for all the seniors that we are so grateful for our teammates and our coaches for making it an awesome experience, and we are so excited to see what the future holds.”  Talking to Margaret was very fun, and i can really tell she meant everything she said about her team. The FHS dance team has their first section game this weekend, February 9th at Bloomington Kennedy. Section 1AAA starts at 5:30, and they are the first to perform! Come out ans cheer on the girls!

Allison Voegel, staff

My name is Allison Voegel and this is my first year in Tiger Publications. I took this class because I thought it would be fun to be involved in the yearbook...

• Dance Team Takes On Sections

FCCLA/Hero

FCCLA Valentines Grams

• Dance Team Takes On Sections

Arts

All-State Choir Participants 2018

• Dance Team Takes On Sections

Theatre

Click Here To Read More

• Dance Team Takes On Sections

Girls Basketball

Girl’s Basketball: Undefeated streak

• Dance Team Takes On Sections

Academics

A Students View

• Dance Team Takes On Sections

FCCLA/Hero

FCCLA goes to Feed My Starving Children

• Dance Team Takes On Sections

Academics

Welcome Mr. Klein!

• Dance Team Takes On Sections

Top Stories

Co-Head Wrestling Coach: Chad Olson

• Dance Team Takes On Sections

Clubs & Organizations

Cortney Meyer

• Dance Team Takes On Sections

Girls Hockey

Jenna Gerold: Ready to Come Back to Tiger Hockey

Dance Team Takes On Sections