Cortney Meyer

Cortney Meyer

Sydney Hubbard, Writer

I got the chance to interview Cortney Meyer about her being an adviser on the math team. Ms. Meyer has been the main adviser of the math team for the last two years that Farmington High School has offered it. I asked Ms. Meyer why the Farmington High School added a math team and she said “We were the only school in the South Suburban Conference that didn’t have a math team.” The head league person from Augsburg College sent out an email, and it asked if the Farmington High School would be interested in having one and joining the Minnesota State Math League. Jason Berg then sent an email to the staff asking if anyone wanted to start math team. To which she replied that she would like to start one but didn’t know what she was getting herself into. The reason she wanted to be an advisor was because the last school she worked had a math team and she would help out the team and go to the competitions.

Ms. Meyer says her favorite part of being an advisor of the math team is being able to hangout with the kids and see the improvement of the teams scores compared to last year. Ms. Meyer also provides snacks for every practice and at meets the math team attends because it keeps their attention and “Everyone likes food” she said. She believes it doesn’t necessarily matter what score the members get on their individual competition as long as the kids have fun and hang out with their friends. The last question that was asked to Ms. Meyer was why students should join math team, she said “I think it’s a nice way to meet other people that are interested in math, and you can all hang out together, and make friends. You don’t have to be a super excellent math person to join.”

Ms. Meyer loves being an advisor on the math team and is looking forward to next year.

• Cortney Meyer

Clubs & Organizations

Rogue Robotics

• Cortney Meyer

Boys Lacrosse

Boys LAX: Coach Dunnigan is Ready For The Season

• Cortney Meyer

Current Events

The Shadow Box – 2019 Spring Play

• Cortney Meyer

FCCLA/Hero

FCCLA Valentines Grams

• Cortney Meyer

Arts

All-State Choir Participants 2018

• Cortney Meyer

Theatre

Click Here To Read More

• Cortney Meyer

Girls Basketball

Girl’s Basketball: Undefeated streak

• Cortney Meyer

Academics

A Students View

• Cortney Meyer

FCCLA/Hero

FCCLA goes to Feed My Starving Children

• Cortney Meyer

Academics

Welcome Mr. Klein!

Cortney Meyer