Games for Change

Aimee Jimenez, Staff Writer

Games for Change is an upcoming event on October 14th. I interviewed Mrs. Beckman to get all of the details about this interesting event. It started off with Youth Development doing Games for Change in the spring, but now it is additionally in the fall. It is an eight hour long sports tournament consisting of kickball, soccer, and ultimate Frisbee.

Games for Change will be outside, using the soccer fields and softball fields. Part of the parking lot will also be used for tailgating. Each team gets one car for tailgating and you may bring food, drinks, lawn chairs, etc. Signups will start on October 2nd during lunches. Your team will receive a packet with waivers in it, and each person along with their parents, need to sign the waivers. After your team is finished signing the waivers, you need to return it to the second floor office by October 10th. Packets will not be accepted any later.

This event is open to everyone, as long as you have a team of ten people with five girls and five boys. The cost is $15 per person, or $150 per team. This money will go to hurricane relief. Mrs. Beckman added, “We’re adopting a school in Houston to help them recover after the hurricane, so all of the money is going to help that.” Each person will also need to bring two food shelf items, or 20 items per team. If you are unable to bring food shelf items, you can make a check donation to the food shelf instead. These items will go to the Farmington food shelf.

The more teams sign up, the more money we raise for a school in Houston to recover, so be sure to start making your teams and encourage others to participate too!

• Games for Change

Top Stories

Winter Running Club

• Games for Change

Clubs & Organizations

FHS Science Olympiad

• Games for Change

Farmington Community

Calling all royalty!

• Games for Change

Featured FHS Students

Getting To Know Uriah Gill

• Games for Change

Arts

Farmington High School’s One Act Play

• Games for Change

Marching Band

The Story of Farmington:Color Guard

• Games for Change

Clubs & Organizations

Farmington Diversity Club

• Tiger Happenings

Coco and Cram

• Games for Change

Football

Turning the Field into the Beach

• Games for Change

Farmington Community

Every Drop Counts

Games for Change