Boys Basketball

Paulina Montbriand

Basketball season is approaching us, and the Tigers are getting ready. Last week, the boys B-squad, JV and Varsity tryouts took place. Tryouts occurred on Monday and Tuesday, before school and after school. The boys did different drills, dribbled, shot, ran, jumped, and lifted, plus got measurements for the evaluators (coaches ). They put in a lot of effort, however with all the boys trying out, some got cut. Now, practices and scrimmages are taking place, and soon games will begin to start. With last years’ seniors being gone, this years’ seniors are going to have to step up and become strong leaders, helping their team to improve as much as they can; same goes for the other grades and other teams. This year, I am one of the managers of boys basketball. I got the chance to talk to another manager, Sammie Koshanina, who managed the last 2016-2017 season year as well. I asked Sammie what it is like to be a manager for boys basketball. “Being a manager is a great experience to have. I learn a lot from helping out as well as learning new things about the sport and the people in it. It’s really fun to be there and it’s cool to be like a part of the team. I’m really going to miss it next year”. I’m looking forward to this season and next season, as I hope to return. As Sammie said, learning more about the sport and meeting the people in it will be great. All the boys seem really nice, and they really support each other. Bringing passion, determination, skill and tough work all together for the season is crucial for this season to be successful, and I know all the boys will try their absolute best. Here’s to the 2017-2018 boys basketball season!

Paulina Montbriand, Writer

Well hello there, I'm Paulina Montbriand. How do you do? I'm a 16 year old junior at Farmington High School. I am involved in soccer, and I also like to...

• Boys Basketball

Top Stories

Trimester One Coming to an End

• Marching Band

FHS Marching Band Indoor Show

• Boys Basketball

A & E News

Fields of Faith

• Boys Basketball

Fall Sports

Girls Soccer Gives Back

• Boys Basketball

Top Stories

FHS Marching Band Attending 14th Annual Youth in Music Band Championships

• Boys Basketball

Current Events

Tigers Football Take Home a Win

• Boys Basketball

Arts

Arts and Agriculture

• Boys Basketball

Academics

Bridges 2018

• Boys Basketball

District News

Farmington to play at Vikings training facility

• Student Life

Mrs.Carlson

Boys Basketball