FHS Holiday Concert

FHS Holiday Concert

FHS Holiday Concert

Mary Skochko

Mary Skochko

FHS Holiday Concert

Mary Skochko, Staff Writer

The holiday season is full of singing and joy, Christmas music on the radio, and a concert in our schools. A wide range of choirs performed like the women’s choir, men’s choir, cantabile, concert choir, Vox, Voce, New Dimension, and also the fifth grade honor choir. These groups performed various kinds of fun genres for all to hear. I personally got to be at the concert and enjoy listening to the choirs perform with their beautiful voices along with jazzy sounds and popular songs such as “That’s Christmas To Me” by Pentatonix. The concert was very well organized, everyone knew what they were doing, when to sing, and where to go. My favorite part of the concert was when all the choirs, including the fifth grade honor choir, sang Night Of Silence together at end of the concert. This concert was directed by Mrs. Dimich and Mr. Ohnsorg, the two choir teachers. The purpose of this concert is to help get everyone in the holiday spirit and is an opportunity for the fifth grade honor choir to sing with the high schoolers.  The holiday concert is significant because it’s a very popular concert and is a favorite among all the concerts there is throughout the year. Many students in choir are always motivated to work hard, so that they can move up to the next choir level. I asked Anna Kiminski about how long it took to learn the songs and her experience at the concert, she said “We started rehearsing our pieces right after our first concert in October and it took us until mid November to learn them. We spent the time after to perfect them and make sure we sounded good. My favorite piece of music was “Believe” from the Polar Express”. Anna shared with me that the highlight of the concert was when they were singing Night Of Silence with the fifth graders and when they sang by themselves, they sang with passion and really enjoyed what they were doing. Anna Kiminski and Anna Johnson both said, “Choir is a really great place to be and there are lots of great welcoming people. For anyone who loves to sing, I would recommend joining choir.”  This is definitely a concert that I would recommend for people to attend because you get to spend time listening to students sing and see them show their talent and passion toward choir. I hope many can come to future concerts, and will able to hear these different choirs sing.

• FHS Holiday Concert

Fall Sports

Girls Soccer Gives Back

• FHS Holiday Concert

Top Stories

FHS Marching Band Attending 14th Annual Youth in Music Band Championships

• FHS Holiday Concert

Current Events

Tigers Football Take Home a Win

• FHS Holiday Concert

Arts

Arts and Agriculture

• FHS Holiday Concert

Academics

Bridges 2018

• FHS Holiday Concert

District News

Farmington to play at Vikings training facility

• Student Life

Mrs.Carlson

• FHS Holiday Concert

Student Life

Prom 2018

• FHS Holiday Concert

Top Stories

18+ Trip to Greece & Greek Islands in June 2019!!

• FHS Holiday Concert

Tiger Happenings

Spring Break Excitement

FHS Holiday Concert