Adaptive Sports

Adaptive Sports

unknown

unknown

unknown

Courtnie, Writer

Not many people know that Farmington High school has an Adaptive athlete (what’s interesting is that he is a soccer player!). We also have an adaptive floor hockey team. But that doesn’t take place until winter sports start up. The adaptive soccer team is made up of students from Lakeville and Farmington. This provides the students with opportunities to meet and connect with others their own age while doing something they’re passionate about. When I went to the first adaptive game of the year I could connect and see other kids my age playing sports and getting along. I was lucky enough to be able to attend a few of these games. What stood out to me was the intensity of the game and how much kindness you could see. Another yearbook member, Paulina Montbriand, went with me to one of the games. So, I asked her what she found interesting and she said, “I like how the students are out there having fun and putting a lot of emotion into it”. My favorite part about going to these games is seeing everyone, even the appoints, cheering for each other and just having a good time. Last year I got the opportunity to interview one of the students on the team (he graduated last year). When I asked him why he liked to play he told be it’s because he’s with his friends having fun. Although he wasn’t on the team this year, I still saw how the other students were having fun with their friends also. Another question I asked him was what his favorite position was and he told me it was probably everything because he liked to make goals but also save them. If you ever get the opportunity to go to an adaptive soccer game I would highly recommend it.