The Freshman of 2018

Mackenzie Oehlerking, Writer

Do you remember your first day of High school? High school can be scary for many new freshman. A lot of them have no idea what to expect on the first. At Farmington high school we have a program called Link Crew. Link Crew is made up of Juniors, Seniors and a couple staff members throughout the building. On the first day of school the freshman are the only grade that is at school in the morning. This gives them the opportunity to get the feel of high school without the upperclassman there. They have a welcome ceremony and many activities put together by link crew. I sat down with Freshman,Madi Springer, to see how her year has gone so far. I asked Madi “How was your first day of high school experience? She said “Overall it was a good day. I got lost a few times but asked a teacher for help and laughed it off. Everyone was very helpful. I also liked how the upperclassmen didn’t come until later in the day. I also asked her “Do you think Link Crew was beneficial?” Her response was “Yes, Link Crew has definitely been beneficial for me. It is a lot like web so I knew what it was about once I was a web leader. It also has  helped me meet kids in my academic support class that I did not know. Lastly I asked her “What has been your favorite thing about high school so far?” She said “My favorite thing about high school is all of the freedom. In almost all of my classes when I am done with an assignment, I can flex out and have the rest of the hour to meet up with friends or do other homework. High school isn’t scary when you have help from everyone at Farmington High School!

Mackenzie Oehlerking, Staff Author

Hi!  My name is Kenzie Oehlerking. I am a senior at Farmington High School. This is my first year in yearbook.  In fall 2019 I will be attending UW-Superior...

• The Freshman of 2018

Top Stories

Trimester One Coming to an End

• Marching Band

FHS Marching Band Indoor Show

• The Freshman of 2018

A & E News

Fields of Faith

• The Freshman of 2018

Fall Sports

Girls Soccer Gives Back

• The Freshman of 2018

Top Stories

FHS Marching Band Attending 14th Annual Youth in Music Band Championships

• The Freshman of 2018

Current Events

Tigers Football Take Home a Win

• The Freshman of 2018

Arts

Arts and Agriculture

• The Freshman of 2018

Academics

Bridges 2018

• The Freshman of 2018

District News

Farmington to play at Vikings training facility

• Student Life

Mrs.Carlson

The Freshman of 2018